The Ruck March of Lake County needs 75 volunteers!
- Set up, water stations, clean up, and crossing guards are amongst the needed jobs; If you would like, you are able to request a particular job, but it can change depending on the needs of the event.
- There will be meetings for the volunteers when we get closer to the date and we will reach out to you so please make sure to leave contact information that you check.
- The day will begin at 8:00 am at Daisy's Artish Cafe located at 216 N Milwaukee Ave, Lake Villa and will conclude by 4 pm at Daisy's. Food will be available along the route.
- If you want to register, but cannot make it the entire day, that is okay! After you register, reach out to our drop in center and let us know the times you are unavailable.
- Each volunteer will receive a Ruck March commemorative coin for helping.
Lastly, please clean up after yourselves!
How to Register as a Volunteer
- Click on hotlink: https://bit.ly/2v1IgNo to be directed to the Volunteers page for The Ruck March of Lake County.
- Click on the green box labeled “Register”
- Select “1” for ticket amount. We are limited to 75 volunteers, so please register each participant separately so we can account for each name.
- Click on the green box labeled “Checkout”.
- Scroll down under “Registration Information” and fill in the required fields:
• Your Information: participants full name, email address, and cell phone number.
• Home Address: Country, address, city, state, zip code
• Other Information: Gender
• Ticket Delivery Format: eTicket. Your ticket is your donation receipt for tax purposes.
- Review your information and click on the green box labeled “Complete Registration”
- You have completed Registration and will receive an email with your ticket.
- Your ticket is your receipt for tax purposes.
How do I simply give a donation by credit card or cash?
1. CLICK ON THIS https://bit.ly/2G4zTTA TO MAKE YOUR CREDIT CARD DONATION.
2. TO MAKE A CASH DONATION FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Checks can be made out to: Lake County Veterans and Family Services Foundation with the memo “Ruck March”
- Donations can be dropped off or mailed to: 100 South Atkinson, 110, Grayslake, Il 60030.
- Your ticket is your donation receipt.
WHEN YOU REGISTER TO DONATE, VOLUNTEER OR MARCH, YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE REGISTERED FOR OUR END-OF-MARCH RAFFLE*
*Must be present to win.
Funds will be donated to Lake County Veterans and Family Services Foundation, a local nonprofit dedicated to reducing the amount of time it takes for a Service Member to ask for help, mitigating issues that arise.
Where Does the Money Go?
Funds will be donated to Lake County Veterans and Family Services Foundation, a local nonprofit dedicated to reducing the amount of time it takes for warriors to ask for help, mitigating many of the issues that arise.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
See the specifics in the Waiver of liability
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Parking is limited and we recommend carpooling or being dropped off.
Shuttles will be provided to return participants back to their vehicles.
What can I bring into the event?
Not everyone who participates will finish. Cut your toe nails, prep for chafing, use broken-in boots/shoes, moleskin, band aids, bring extra socks and hydrate yourself before and during the event. Water will be available throughout the route but bring your own drinking source as well. We recommend alternating between water and an electrolyte drink. We also suggest carrying an extra phone battery pack just in case your phone dies. We highly recommend you start training as early as possible.
• Please obey all laws and city ordinances, no need to go to jail that day or get any tickets.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?